Palm Oil ProcessingJoin Group
IChemE’s Palm Oil Processing Special Interest Group (POPSIG) provides a forum to enable knowledge transfer, exchange of best practices and sharing experience to all that are interested in the palm oil industry.
- share and promote best practices
- encourage innovation in processing oil palm products
- promote professional aspects of the palm oil industry, from its traditional areas of milling, refining and oleochemicals down to nutraceuticals, biogas & energy, biomass, biofuels and bio-based chemicals
- act as a focal point for all those interested in the process aspects of oil palm processing.
- technical seminars, workshops, site visits, webinars and physical evening talks to support professional development and networking
- quarterly newsletter
- yearly forum
- support for the annual IChemE Malaysia Palm Oil Award, recognising the best project implemented and demonstrates innovation, successful delivery and a technical, commercial, safety and/or environmental benefit. The project may relate to new industrial plant or to the enhancement of existing palm oil mills, refining and other related industries.
Bioprocess Symposium 2019
IChemE Biochemical Engineering SIG and Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP) will organise Bioprocess Symposium 2019 on 17 April 2019.
Make MY Palm Oil a great brand
The Edge has published an article written by Ir. Qua Kiat Seng - the Founder of POPSIG - titled "Make MY Palm Oil a great brand" on 25 March 2019.