Palm Oil ProcessingJoin Group
IChemE’s Palm Oil Processing Special Interest Group (POPSIG) provides a forum to enable knowledge transfer, exchange of best practices and sharing experience to all that are interested in the palm oil industry.
- share and promote best practices
- encourage innovation in processing oil palm products
- promote professional aspects of the palm oil industry, from its traditional areas of milling, refining and oleochemicals down to nutraceuticals, biogas & energy, biomass, biofuels and bio-based chemicals
- act as a focal point for all those interested in the process aspects of oil palm processing.
- technical seminars, workshops, site visits, webinars and physical evening talks to support professional development and networking
- quarterly newsletter
- yearly forum
- support for the annual IChemE Malaysia Palm Oil Award, recognising the best project implemented and demonstrates innovation, successful delivery and a technical, commercial, safety and/or environmental benefit. The project may relate to new industrial plant or to the enhancement of existing palm oil mills, refining and other related industries.