Our Associate Member grade demonstrates your commitment to your career as a professional chemical engineer. Associate Members already have degree-level knowledge and understanding of chemical engineering and are typically working towards qualification as a Chartered Chemical Engineer.
Associate Members get access to all membership resources plus:
- AMIChemE post nominal letters
- the opportunity to apply for Incorporated Engineer (IEng) registration with Engineering Council
- a platform to work towards Chartered Member (MIChemE)
- digital Associate Member logo to use on business cards, email signatures etc.
To become an Associate Member you should:
- hold a chemical engineering undergraduate degree, or an IChemE accredited degree of a different title, at bachelor's level with honours (or higher), or
- be working in a chemical or process engineering environment, have a fundamental understanding of the profession, and relevant work experience at a level equivalent to a bachelor's degree.
If you’re a recent graduate whose first degree is in another subject or at another level, apply for Affiliate Member.
If you’re working as a chemical engineer without a chemical engineering degree, and you’re not sure if your experience meets the requirements above, read our guidance for non-chemical engineering graduates.
When applying for Associate membership you can also opt for the following registration:
How to apply
You’ll need to provide the following information when you apply online:
- a copy of any degree certificates or transcripts
- those without a chemical engineering first degree at bachelor's level with honours or above, should also upload an expanded CV providing details of your work-based chemical engineering experience.
Apply for Associate MemberStart your application
- read our guidance for non-chemical engineering graduates
- for Associate Members the next step on the IChemE membership journey is Chartered Member (MIChemE). Find out more about what's involved in applying for this grade.
- if you have any questions or need further information, contact email@example.com