Our Associate Member grade demonstrates your commitment to your career as a professional chemical engineer. Associate Members already have degree-level knowledge and understanding of chemical engineering and are typically working towards qualification as a Chartered Chemical Engineer.
Associate Members get access to all membership resources plus:
- AMIChemE post nominal letters
- the opportunity to apply for Incorporated Engineer (IEng) registration with Engineering Council
- a platform to work towards Chartered Member (MIChemE)
- digital Associate Member logo to use on business cards, email signatures etc.
To become an Associate Member you should:
- hold a chemical engineering undergraduate degree, or an IChemE accredited degree of a different title, at bachelor's level with honours (or higher), or
- be working in a chemical or process engineering environment, have a fundamental understanding of the profession, and relevant work experience at a level equivalent to a bachelor's degree.
If you’re a recent graduate whose first degree is in another subject or at another level, apply for Affiliate Member.
If you’re working as a chemical engineer without a chemical engineering degree, and you’re not sure if your experience meets the requirements above, read our guidance for non-chemical engineering graduates.
When applying for Associate membership you can also opt for the following registration:
Associate Member (Process Safety)
We have temporarily suspended our online application process for those seeking Associate Member (Process Safety) membership. This is while we make some structural changes to the application process. If you are interested in applying for this grade please email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply
You’ll need to provide the following information when you apply online:
- a copy of any degree certificates or transcripts
- those without a chemical engineering first degree at bachelor's level with honours or above, should also upload an expanded CV providing details of your work-based chemical engineering experience.
Apply for Associate MemberStart your application
- read our guidance for non-chemical engineering graduates
- for Associate Members the next step on the IChemE membership journey is Chartered Member (MIChemE). Find out more about what's involved in applying for this grade.
- if you have any questions or need further information, contact email@example.com