Student Member

Membership options for postgraduate students

Student membership is for those who are studying towards an undergraduate qualification. As postgraduate students already have their first degree, they are eligible to apply for one the following membership grades:

Associate Member (AMIChemE)

If you hold a chemical engineering undergraduate degree, or an IChemE accredited degree of a different title, at bachelor's level with honours (or higher), you can apply to become an Associate Member.

Affiliate Member

If you hold an undergraduate degree in another subject or at another level, you can apply for Affiliate membership.


Postgraduate students may be entitled to a discount on their application fee and annual membership subscription. Find out if you're eligible by sending your university name, course title, start and end dates to