Reduced rate eligibility
You will qualify for a reduction on your annual membership subscription if you:
- have been in membership for at least five years and have retired from paid employment
- are on a low income, earning no more than GBP 10,600 per annum (AUD 21,200 / NZD 26,500 / MYR 53,000)
- are suffering from prolonged illness resulting in unpaid absence from paid employment for a duration of at least four months in a given year
- are experiencing long term unemployment
- have left the chemical engineering profession to pursue other interests. Examples include but are not limited to:
- full time parent/carer and no longer in paid employment
- those on a career break, for example, maternity or paternity leave, for a period of four consecutive months or more.
- have re-entered full-time education to obtain a postgraduate degree. Courses that qualify are:
- research degrees (PhD, EngDoc, MPhil) in a subject related to chemical engineering (max length 48 months)
- taught postgraduate degree courses (MSc or MRes) in a subject related to chemical engineering (max length 24 months).
How to apply for a reduced rate
Providing you meet the above criteria, you can apply for a reduced rate by completing the online form in the MyIChemE members area.