Safety and Loss PreventionJoin Group
The Safety & Loss Prevention Special Interest Group provides a network for all of those interested in safety within the process industries. Process safety transcends disciplinary boundaries and concerns a wide range of professionals including chemical, mechanical, instrumentation & electrical engineers, scientists and accountants.
The S&LP SIG is only one part of IChemE's involvement in safety. Other parts include the IChemE Safety Centre and the Loss Prevention Bulletin. The SIG is particularly focused on providing a voice for members and for providing activities and resources of benefit to members in their professional practice.
- provide a forum to facilitate networking and open dialogue on lessons learned
- support professional development and provide resources for training and the acquisition of new skills
- promote best practice, and advance the technical and practical tools of safety and loss prevention
- create cultures that deliver improvements in health, safety and environmental performance
- build an understanding of risk issues, and influence the development and adoption of risk reduction measures test.
- technical seminars, workshops and evening talks
- networking via events and discussion forum
- development of model codes and training tools
- representation of professional interests
- preparation of responses to consultation documents
- award of IChemE's Frank Lees Medal and Ned Franklin Medal, recognising excellence in process safety.
To contact IChemE's special interest group support staff, email Special Interest Groups.
Safety & Loss Presention SIG Newsletter: June 2020
The Safety & Loss Prevention SIG has issued a newsletter, following the appointment of Mahmoud Gawish as our newsletter editor.
Engineering X: Call for Case Studies
A call for written case studies that each examine a complex system failure or success, to show how a specific approach to the design, management or governance of a complex system results in safe or...