Safety and Loss PreventionJoin Group
The Safety & Loss Prevention Special Interest Group provides a network for all those interested in safety within the process industries. Process safety transcends disciplinary boundaries and concerns a wide range of professionals including chemical, mechanical and electrical engineers, pure scientists and even accountants.
- provide a forum for engineers, scientists and other professionals, facilitating networking and open dialogue on lessons learned
- support professional development and provide resources for training and the acquisition of new skills
- promote best practice, and advance the technical and practical tools of safety and loss prevention
- create cultures that deliver improvements in health, safety and environmental performance
- build an understanding of risk issues, and influence the development and adoption of risk reduction measures test.
- technical seminars, workshops and evening talks
- networking via events and discussion forum
- development of model codes and training tools
- representation of professional interests
- preparation of responses to consultation documents
- award of IChemE's Frank Lees Medal and Ned Franklin Medal, recognising excellence in process safety.
To contact IChemE's special interest group support staff, email Special Interest Groups.