Online | In-company
This workshop is an opportunity to learn about the hydrogen industry and where it sits within the wider Asia-Pacific region/global process and energy industries space. It will help you to understand the wide array of hydrogen technologies and opportunities.
56% of senior oil and gas professionals in the Asia-Pacific region expect hydrogen to be a significant part of the energy mix by 2030, with 42% of global oil and gas companies investing in the hydrogen economy (up from 20% in 2019)*.
The workshop will explore:
- current and future hydrogen demand and trends
- industrial hydrogen production and purity requirements for different applications
- end uses for hydrogen: transport, industrial, power, export
- hydrogen compression, storage and transmission
- hydrogen fuel cells.
Workshop sample exercises will include:
- mass and energy balances for hydrogen production
- levelised cost of hydrogen production
- risk assessment of a hydrogen system (ie mock mini-HAZOP)
- hydrogen supply chain SWOT analysis.
*DNV-GL, “Heading for Hydrogen”, September 2020.
By the end of the workshop, you will:
- understand where the opportunity for H2 sits within the wider Asia-Pacific and global process and energy industries space
- have an in-depth knowledge of H2 production, storage and transmission, and fuel cell technologies
- understand how to produce H2 and the purity/composition required for different applications
- understand the end uses for H2: export, transport, power, industry
- understand the role of H2 and its technologies in clean energy businesses
- have the skills and know where to acquire further skills for an engineer to work in the H2 industry.
Who will benefit
- Chemical and process engineers commencing works or interested in further understanding of the H2 industry
- Professionals looking to move into the hydrogen industry
- Consultants, executives, engineers and managers seeking engagement in H2 and clean energy technology
- Postgraduates in science and engineering interested in a career in clean energy
- Technically oriented government officers with a responsibility for clean energy policy
- Those involved in setting standards for safety and regulatory issues
- Engineers and technicians responsible for building and implementing hydrogen systems
- Introduction to H2
- H2 opportunities within the wider Australian and global process industries space
- Technologies for H2 production
- Integration of H2 with existing industries eg mining, water treatment, power generation
- H2 gas purification
- H2 transport and usage physical conditions
- H2 demand
- Fuel cells
- H2 compression
- H2 liquefaction and cryo-compressed
- H2 storage, H2 vs batteries
- H2 transmission
- Energy markets overview
- Economic considerations for a H2 supply chain
- H2 value
- Safety of H2 production and handling
- Understanding the role of hydrogen and its technologies in clean energy businesses
- H2 for carbon emissions reduction
- Worldwide H2 activities
- Further skills for working in the H2 industry
Online workshops consist of four live and interactive modules with the trainer on the dates indicated.
From 10 September 2024
- Module 1 – 10 September 2024, 09:00–13:30 AWST/MYT / 11:00–15:30 AEST / 13:00–17:30 NZST
- Module 2 – 12 September 2024, 09:00–13:30 AWST/MYT / 11:00–15:30 AEST / 13:00–17:30 NZST
- Module 3 – 17 September 2024, 09:00–13:30 AWST/MYT / 11:00–15:30 AEST / 13:00–17:30 NZST
- Module 4 – 19 September 2024, 09:00–13:30 AWST/MYT / 11:00–15:30 AEST / 13:00–17:30 NZST
Live sessions are delivered via Microsoft Teams. If you don't already have this installed, you can join as a guest in order to access the training.
No scheduled dates.
Not available then?
Register your interest in alternative dates.
Course fees vary depending on delivery format and location. Select your preferred course date to see the relevant fees.
How to register
Select your preferred course from the list of upcoming start dates and go to the 'Book course' button at the bottom of this page.
More than one person to train?
Discounts are available to companies booking more than one place. Bookings must be made at the same time to receive the discount.
- 2 places – 10% discount
- 3 places –15% discount
- 4 or more places – 20% discount
This course can be delivered to corporate teams, either on-site or online. This could be a cost-effective option if you have several people requiring the training. Content can be tailored to your specific requirements. Request a quotation.
Attendance certificate & CPD hours
An e-certificate will be issued at the end of the course to confirm attendance and CPD hours logged. Please note that you must attend all modules to receive the certificate.
CPD hours should be used as an approximate guide and will vary depending on the preferred approach of the delegate and to what extent additional learning is completed.