This residential programme is designed to meet the learning requirements of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) Level 5 Diploma in Leadership & Management Skills.
You’ll benefit from shared learning alongside other Chartered Engineers and be supported by one of IMechE’s experienced facilitators (your very own sergeant major!).
You will be required to apply your earning to a minimum of two assignments (for CEng) and upon successful completion can apply to become a Chartered Manager with the CMI. Like any Bootcamp it is intense, challenging and will stretch you. You will emerge stronger from the experience and empowered to become a Chartered Manager.
The course fee also includes your CMI registration fees, access to the ManagementDirect resource base, your chartered manager application, assignment support from the IMechE and Engineer360 or Team Performance Diagnostic and feedback session.
- Leadership vs management
- Performance management
- Management communication
- Recruitment and interviewing skills
- Best practice leadership
By the end of this course, you will:
- define the skills associated with leadership and management
- apply leadership and management best practice to your organisation
- identify styles of management and their strengths and weaknesses
- understand and define your key stakeholders
- improve the way you manage resources and set objectives
- implement team and individual performance review systems
- identify areas of poor performance
- activate your own personal development plan following the Engineer360 feedback tool.
Who will benefit
This programme is designed for CEng and IEng managers seeking to continue to develop their leadership capability. The programme is designed for CEng and IEng managers with two or more years’ experience in a people, project or resource management position.
This is an IChemE approved training course and not delivered directly by the Institution. For more information about the course, contact the training provider directly.