We have a wide range of online training courses available to help you develop your knowledge and learn new skills.
There are two types of training to choose from, offering complete flexibility around when and how you learn.
Live online courses
Many of our most popular training courses have been adapted to modular online courses.
They feature live interactive sessions with the trainer, alongside pre-recorded video sessions for independent self-study before/between modules:
- Bowtie Analysis and Barrier-Based Risk Management
- Bulks Solids Handling for Chemical Engineers
- Chemical Engineering for Scientists and Other Engineers
- Consequence Modelling Techniques
- Engineering Project Management
- Fundamentals of Process Safety – UK times
- Fundamentals of Process Safety – Malaysia
- Hazard Identification Techniques
- HAZOP Leadership and Management
- HAZOP Study for Team Leaders and Team Members
- Human Factors in Health and Safety – Managing Human Factors
- Human Factors in Health and Safety – Managing Human Failure
- Human Factors in Health and Safety – Strengthening Organisational Performance
- Human Factors in Health and Safety – Human Factors in Design
- Human Factors in Health and Safety – Managing Human Factors - Asia Pacific
- Human Factors in Health and Safety – Managing Human Failure - Asia Pacific
- Human Factors in Health and Safety – Strengthening Organisational Performance - Asia Pacific
- Human Factors in Health and Safety – Human Factors in Design - Asia Pacific
- Hydrogen Workshop
- IChemE Forms of Contract
- Incident Investigation, Human Failure & Cause Tree Analysis
- Inherent Safety in Design and Operation Development
- Layer of Protection Analysis (LOPA)
- Leadership of Remote Engineering Teams
- Process Risk Assessment
- Process Safety Leadership and Culture
- Safety Instrumented Functions (SIFs)
- Six Pillars of Process Safety
- Troubleshooting Distillation Controls
- What Engineers Need to Know About Contracts
Our on-demand courses offer a more bite-sized approach to online learning. Designed for independent study, these are provided as digital downloads, usually in manageable one-hour sessions. We have a range of process safety, project management and personal development topics available.
You can view the full range of courses and purchase them for immediate download at our online shop, or read more about them below.
Management of Change: The Essentials
On demand course. Discover how to develop, implement or improve Management of Change systems within high hazard industries to avoid common pitfalls.
Managing the Hazards of Flare Systems
On demand course. Develop your understanding of the key design, operation, maintenance and plant modification aspects which must be controlled to ensure safe flare system operation.
Mentoring for Chemical Engineers
On demand course. Learn how to apply mentoring concepts, approaches and tools so that you can develop your skills as a mentor.
Process Risk Assessment
Live course. Develop the skills and knowledge needed to identify, assess and communicate process risks.
Process Safety Leadership and Culture
Live course. Understand the role of leadership in process safety.
Process Safety Management: Thinking in Outcomes
On demand course. Examine how to shift your focus from the components of a PSM to the outcomes these systems deliver.
On demand course. Develop a broad understanding of chemical reaction hazards and how to manage the runaway reactions.
Safe Start-ups and Shutdowns for Process Units
On demand course. Develop procedures to recognise and avoid hazards during start-ups and shutdowns.
Safety Instrumented Functions (SIFs)
Live course. Develop your understanding of Safety Instrumented Functions (SIFs) and how they are managed.
Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) and Functional Safety
On demand course. Gain a complete understanding of safety integrity level SIL-rated safety instrumented systems.
On demand course. Learn how to reproduce physical processes at different length-scales using the powerful tool of dimensional analysis.
Six Pillars of Process Safety
Live course. Explore best practice and latest thinking on the six functional areas of process safety management: knowledge and competence, engineering & design, systems & procedures, assurance, human factors, and culture.