The Hanson Medal is awarded to the best contributor to the Institution's magazine, The Chemical Engineer, each year and is named after a past chair of the Editorial Advisory Board.
The Hanson medal is awarded to the author or authors of the best article to appear in The Chemical Engineer magazine each year.
The editor of The Chemical Engineer initially selects suitable candidates and a final decision is then made by the Publications Medals Board. Their decision then requires approval from the Medals and Prizes Committee.
How to nominate
Nominations are invited from all readers of The Chemical Engineer.
The deadline for entries is 30 September 2020.
For more information and to nominate, visit the make a nomination section >>
- 2020 — R Faure, M Flin, P Del Gallo and M Wagner
- 2018/19 — A Sartbaeva - view the winning article
- 2017 — J S Bresland
- 2016 — M J Atkins
- 2015 — P Gostomski
- 2014 — A McCartor
- 2013 — N N Hallale
- 2012 — H Oosterdijk and T Hoencamp
- 2011 — S F Bush and D R MacDonald
2011 — M Pitts
- 2010 — C S Gronover and D Prufe
- 2009 — S M Howdle, D Lathbury, M Poliakoff and J-P Sherlock
- 2008 — P L Rogers
- 2007 — R Clift, Y Mulugetta and P Styring
- 2006 — G M Campbell, A Koutinas, R Wang, J Sadhukham and C Webb
- 2005 — D Ball
- 2004 — G Azeez and J Shave
- 2003 — K M Shakesheff, D M Grant and D F Farrar
- 2002 — A Gallardo-Soto, K Rawson and C McNeil
- 2001 — D Smith
- 1999 — N Medcalf
- 1998 — S G Turner
- 1997 — V Glancy
- 1996 — A Boon and V Thomas
- 1995 — P Cartright, G Pilkington and A Starkie
- 1994 — V C Marshall
- 1993 — H Barnes
- 1992 — R Smith and E Petela
- 1991 — E Wade
- 1990 — F Stainthorp
- 1989 — M Turner
- 1988 — D Clarke