We are IChemE's local members group for the Teesside region. Our committee is made up of chemical/process engineers working for companies operating in Teesside and the surrounding area.
Every year, we organise a range of technical talks/events, plus social and networking events in Teesside for IChemE members. We often have people travel fair distances for some of our talks/events; people from all areas are welcome.
Typically, the events programme will include four–five technical talks on a variety of topics, an AGM, a plant visit to a local site, the annual quiz, the annual dinner, and two–three social events.
We are always eager to welcome new members who wish to attend our events, as well as those who would like to join us on our committee, both for the whole group activity or just with the Early Career Panel. All are welcome.
You can also join us on LinkedIn or why not follow us on Twitter.
The group's activities aim to provide for its members:
- technical talks introducing technical areas of interest to all engineers that will not be provided in the normal working day
- social events providing the opportunity for you to meet, socialise with and network with other chemical and process engineers in your location
- Get Chartered and Fellow events where you can come and get advice about applying to become a Chartered Member or Fellow
- access to mentors to assist you with the path to Chartered Member or Fellow - contact Janet Skinner
- the annual dinner provides a prestigious event for you, your colleagues and your clients
- our early career panel presents networking opportunities for engineers who in many cases are new to the industry and the area. The panel also gives support and practical assistance to those seeking continual professional development opportunities and applying for Chartered status as they begin their career in chemical engineering.
Contact IChemE's member group support staff through firstname.lastname@example.org