Oman Liquefied Natural Gas LLC (Oman LNG) is a joint venture company established by a Royal Decree in 1994 and operates under the laws of the Sultanate of Oman. The Company engages in the business of producing and selling Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) and its by-product, Natural Gas Liquids (NGLs).
Oman LNG undertakes, directly or indirectly, project operations and related activities essential to liquefy, store, transport and market Oman's natural gas and to deliver LNG to customers. The Company operates 3 liquefaction trains - at its site in Qalhat near Sur with a nameplate capacity of 10.4 million tonnes per annum (mtpa).
Hamza Al Lawati, Lead Concept Engineer
Hamza joined IChemE as a student, becoming a chartered member in 2017. He has an MEng in Chemical Engineering degree from Loughborough University and currently works for Shell but is seconded to Oman LNG. His current role is Lead Concept Engineer. Hamza hopes that the visit will be a chance for cross learning and interesting discussions and looks forward to seeing you there.
Leaving from Muscat at 07:30, arriving to Sur for 09:30.
- you must have the ability to scan your residence card, back and front, and email it by 16:00 on the 10 March
- car pooling is suggested, Oman Members Group Committee will organise this, please contact the Committee for further details
- assemble by the PDO Security Office near Gate 2
- there will be a bus tour of the facility
- no safety equipment is required.
Download and view our event flyer >>
Once registered for this event, please send a scanned copy of the front and back of your Residence Card to HamzaAlLawati@omanlng.co.om
Failure to submit this information will not permit you to attend the site visit.