Palm Oil Processing
POPSIG Student Bursary
Palm Oil Processing Special Interest Group (POPSIG) provides financial assistance in a form of student bursaries to undergraduate and postgraduate students to attend scientific conferences, workshops or forums which are related to palm oil processing. The main objectives of such assistance are to spur the students’ motivation and support their research in palm oil processing. The student bursaries contribute towards the registration, travel and accommodation costs to help make the palm oil processing conferences or events more accessible to the students.
Please email the form to:
- Mr Hong Wai Onn: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr Qua Kiat Seng: email@example.com
- Assoc. Prof. Wu Ta Yeong: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see the requirements listed below:
- POPSIG welcomes the applications from all universities as long as the activities are associated with palm oil processing.
- A supervisor's report must be included with your application by a separate email, confirming your suitability to attend the conference and your status as an unsalaried member of your department/university.
- Bursaries are awarded competitively to cover part of the cost of registration, travel and accommodation only. The decision of the POPSIG is final.
- Bursaries are awarded up to a maximum value of RM1000 per event. A maximum of five bursaries will be offered annually.
- Applications are reviewed throughout the year. Applications must be received before the conference starts, at least 6 months before the conference, workshop or forum. Enough time must be allowed by the applicant to meet these review dates.
- Payment can only be authorised after the event and will only be made against receipts for the items listed above.
- A conference report shall be submitted by the participant with the claim for expenses. The report should be 500-1000 words long and cover the key papers presented at the conference, the relevance of the conference to the participant's own work and any other points of interest. The report may be published in the POPSIG Newsletter.
- Successful applicants are required to include the acknowledgement of the POPSIG's support.