This is an IChemE approved training course and not delivered directly by the Institution. For more information about the course, contact the training provider directly.
This course deals with the commissioning and start-up of process plants, both large and small.
It covers many different aspects including the planning and managerial aspects of major plants, the start-up of small plants with an emphasis on the technical problems and also dealing with the documentation associated with commissioning.
Lecture materials are delivered by specialists in the field, all of whom have been associated with start-ups themselves. There is substantial emphasis on tutorial exercises in both commissioning and pre-commissioning.
By the end of this course, you will understand:
- gain an overview of the many aspects involved with the commissioning and start-up of both large and small process plants
- develop a better understanding of the commissioning process from planning to execution
- learn about developing effective commissioning plans and schedules
- receive guidance on how to deal with complexity, identify risks and diagnose causes of mal-operation.
- Introduction to plant commissioning
- Tutorial exercise: Heat Transfer Utility
- Developing effective commissoning plans and schedules
- Planning tutorial exercise
- Plant completion - dealing with complexity
- Risk based commissioning and start up
- Commissioning tutorial exercise
- Commissioning instruments
- Tutorial in diagnosing causes of mal-operation
- The role of the process control engineer
The law, safety and the environment
Commissioning Hazard Studies
Case Study - commissioning small areas of plant
Commissioning "Top Tips"
Who will benefit
This course is for you if you’re a recent graduate process engineer about to take on your first major commissioning responsibility or if you’re a process engineer who wants to strengthen your knowledge in commissioning to commission a new plant.
What our delegates say
"Very good course, that gives a good insight into commissioning systems" Marlow Foods Ltd
"Great overview of commissioning and some very useful extras, such as control and instrumentation considerations" Johnson Matthey
"Excellent course - especially for engineers who are starting a career in commissioning" Synthomer (UK) Limited
"The course provides and excellent brief to approaching chemical commissioning and highlighting best practice" Rolls-Royce
"It was a pleasure to attend the course, it opened my eyes on small details that have a huge impact on integrity and fluency of commissioning and also safety during the process" CNG Services