Creativity is at the heart of engineering, and is essential for developing innovative products, processes, and solutions to complex problems. Creative approaches are less effective if they are adopted by a few individuals. Real benefit is to be found wherever a creative culture prevails within an organisation. Establishing a creative culture in an engineering organisation takes more than installing some funky chairs, a football table and a suggestion scheme.
This modular online training course considers four key questions:
- How might we characterise organisational culture?
- What cultural factors are associated with creative problem solving?
- How can we change organisational culture from the top down?
- How can we change organisational culture from the bottom up?
The modules, each around 60 minutes in length, are effective as stand-alone training sessions or as part of a modular programme.
Why creativity is important for engineers
The UK Standard for Professional Engineering Competence (UK-SPEC) sets out the competence and commitment required for registration as an Engineering Technician (EngTech), Incorporated Engineer (IEng) or Chartered Engineer (CEng).
The specification requires engineers to demonstrate the design and development of processes, systems, services and products, including the ability to identify problems and apply appropriate methods to identify causes and achieve satisfactory solutions.
What's included in the series
- Two 60-minute modules
- Digital copies of all slides and supporting materials (PDF) for your personal use
- E-certificate of attendance, including hours allocation, for CPD purposes (on request)
Module 1: Organisational culture and creativity
- Characterising organisational culture
- Measuring organisational culture and creativity
- Factors associated with a creative culture
- Neuroscience/psychology context for a creative culture
Module 2: Changing organisational culture
- Top-down changes towards a creative culture
- learning from success and failure of others
- inspiration and motivation
- Bottom-up changes towards a creative culture
- establishing allies
- taking the initiative
This option allows you to purchase the course for up to 10 individual users at a significantly reduced price of £819 + VAT. Find out more>>
Train your team
This course can be delivered to corporate teams, either on-site or online. Content can be tailored to your specific requirements. To find out more and request a quotation, visit our in-company training page.
* CPD hours should be used as an approximate guide and will vary depending on the preferred approach of the delegate and to what extent additional learning is completed.