IChemE’s Water Special Interest Group provides a forum for the exchange of ideas and the sharing of experiences in the engineering aspects of water and wastewater treatment. More details >>
- promote the application of chemical engineering in the treatment of water and wastewater for public supply, industry and commercial usage
- cultivate a better understanding of water management in industry
- encourage education at all levels in water and wastewater treatment processes
- provide a dynamic forum for the interchange of views and ideas on water treatment
- form national and international links with other organisations in the field
- provide input to the development of IChemE's technical policy.
- technical seminars to support networking and professional development Site visits to operating facilities and places of interest
- newsletter Wet News featuring event previews and reports, plus articles on industrial and business news
- travel bursary scheme to support student attendance at conferences and humanitarian volunteering projects around the world
- support for the annual IChemE Water Award, recognising the best project or process to demonstrate innovation in water use, clean-up and re-use
- sponsorship of educational awards and prizes
- LinkedIn group open to all, for discussions, queries, news items.
Donation of ‘Water Boxes’ to schools, containing a selection of practical equipment, instructions for experiments and guidance for teachers. More details >>
Charity Water Impact Report
IChemE Water SIG have received an Impact Report from the charity which we supported in 2018 for helping people in Cambodia without access to clean drinking water.
Water SIG’s Climate Crisis Position
IChemE’s Water SIG have been working on a climate change position paper. Members were consulted on a paper for IChemE between 13 and 20 March, which was submitted on 31 March. Since then the WaterS...