South West (UK)Join Group
The South West Members Group has formed to unite and support chemical engineers across the region with networking events, professional development and advice.
There are around 900 potential members in a very large region from Cornwall to Gloucester meaning that physical events will not always be possible. So, we are pioneering a more virtual approach by organising meetings and webinars online, with the occasional physical event.
An interim committee has been formed and will be subject to approval in the next AGM. Interested members are encouraged to contact us if they would like to be more involved. All members are welcome to attend events, these will be posted on the website where you will be able to sign up your interest.
We are looking for new committee members!
Please contact us for further details or to express your interest.
We welcome participation at all levels, whether formal or occasional. Getting involved will offer great opportunities to:
- give something back to the profession
- develop professional skills, which may not be available in your immediate role, including coaching and mentoring
- further your qualifications
- develop strong connections with engineers in the region
- work with IChemE to ensure that activities support your individual and organisational needs.
We are the local IChemE Members Group for the entire South West region. Our objectives and aims for the new committee are to:
- provide professional networking opportunities for chemical engineers
- promote chemical engineering in local schools
- foster links with other relevant technical bodies (eg RSoC, IMechE)
- create easily accessible chemical engineering events for all members.
Attending our events in-person or online will ensure that you are getting the best value out of your membership, providing opportunity for professional networking with like-minded engineers. If you are new to the industry, we hope that our events help your development, and broaden your outlook. If you are more experienced, then our events can help to keep your skills sharp.
We welcome any feedback from members about the events and services from the South West Members Group, please email us.