Associate Fellow recognises senior professionals working in the process industries who are not practising chemical engineers themselves. They may be Fellows (or similar) of another professional body.
Associate Fellows get access to all membership resources, plus:
- professional recognition of your contribution to the chemical engineering industry
- use of AFIChemE post nominal letters
- digital Associate Fellow logo to use on business cards, email signatures etc.
There are four requirements for this grade. You should be:
- working with chemical, biochemical or process engineers, but not a chemical engineer yourself
- a Fellow (or similar senior grade) of another professional membership organisation
- a senior company executive, a senior practitioner in a technical or non-technical discipline outside of chemical engineering, a distinguished academic, or a person of wide scientific or professional reputation in your chosen field
- a contributor to the chemical engineering profession by supporting staff with relevant training and CPD.
Please note that Associate Fellows are not voting members of the Institution.
How to apply
If you meet the requirements above, please submit a detailed version of your CV to our membership team for assessment.
If you have any questions or need further information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.