Chartered Engineer (CEng)
Chartered Engineers (CEng) are registered with Engineering Council. They develop solutions to engineering problems using new or existing technologies, though innovation, creativity and change and/or they may have technical accountability for complex systems with significant levels of risk.
Chartered Engineers can demonstrate:
- theoretical knowledge to solve problems in new technologies and develop new analytical techniques
- application of knowledge to deliver products or services and/or take responsibility for complex engineering systems
- accountability for project, finance and personnel management and managing trade-offs between technical and socio-economic factors
- skill sets necessary to develop other technical staff
- effective communication of technical matters.
How to register
Our assessment standards for Chartered Member also satisfy the requirements for CEng. This means that you can apply for CEng registration and Chartered Member (MIChemE) via a single application.
If you’re already a Chartered Member or Fellow, please contact our membership team for details.