Engineering Technician (EngTech)
Engineering Technicians (EngTech) apply proven techniques and procedures to the solution of practical engineering problems.
Engineering Technicians apply safe systems of work and can demonstrate:
- evidence of their contribution to either the design, development, manufacture, commissioning, decommissioning, operation or maintenance of products, equipment, processes or services
- supervisory or technical responsibility
- effective communication of technical matters
- commitment to professional engineering values.
EngTech registration is open to anyone who can demonstrate the required professional competences and commitment. They may have:
- completed a technician training scheme or other work based learning programme
- a level 3 qualification or above (England, Wales, Northern Ireland, or level 6 or above in Scotland), approved by a licensed professional engineering institution ie A levels, advanced apprenticeship, level 3 NVQ
- equivalent qualifications approved by a licensed professional engineering institution.
Individuals without formal qualifications may also apply by demonstrating they have acquired the necessary competence through substantial working experience.
How to register
The process for Technician membership and EngTech registration is combined, so you just need to complete one application. Find out how to apply for Technician Member here.
For more information about Engineering Technician (EngTech) registration visit Engineering Council.