Palm Oil Processing
Recipients of Best Final Year Design Award
Sustainable Production of Palm Oil-derived Biodiesel
" For promoting clean energy through the sustainable production of palm-based biodiesel "
Institution: Swinburne University of Technology Sarawak Campus
- Team Members: Abdulqader Mohammed Alwi Bin Sahl (Team Leader), Thuppahimudalige Chandeepa Lakshith Fernando, Bong Zhang Ying, Tharindu Dayan Buddhika Siyambalapitiya, Osob Abdullahi Mohamud, Shaffaf Thajudheen.
- Supervisor: Ir Dr How Bing Shen.
Production of 20,000 MT/yr Hydrogen Gas using Palm Kernel Shell through Pyrolysis Process
" For the production of hydrogen from palm kernel shell that accelerates the renewable energy transition "
Institution: UCSI University, Malaysia
- Team Members: Koh Jun Da (Team Leader), Khee Yue Lian, Pravin Ganesar Gunasegaran, Raj Varman A/L Selvanathan, Win Nwe Pyone, Tiang Min Tun.
- Supervisor: Ms Wan Adeebah binti Wan Mahmood.
The 2021 prize was sponsored by Desmet Ballestra (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd.
Monetisation of Palm Oil Mill Effluent (POME) into Renewable Energy and Green Chemicals
" For the development of downstream processing routes for transforming palm oil mill effluent into value-added products "
Institution: Heriot-Watt University Malaysia (HWUM)
- Team Members: Irene Teo Lui Ruen (Team Leader), Ross Aidan Lee, Gong King Sean, Bryan Mah Jun Y, Tan Yi Wei, Rahimah Rafeeq.
- Supervisors: Professor Ir Dr Denny Ng (primary supervisor), Assistant Professor Dr Viknesh Andiappan Murugappan (co-supervisor), Assistant Professor Dr Ng Lik Yin (co-supervisor).
Biodiesel Production using Subcritical Water and Supercritical Methanol Treatment
" For the design of biodiesel production using subcritical water and supercritical methanol treatment "
Institution: Universiti Teknologi Malaysia (UTM)
- Team Members: Agasthya Awli Mohanan (Team Leader), Janet Anne, Noor Aniszan binti Nazaruddin, Nur Amirah binti Husaini, Nur Syafinaz binti Zaizul Akmar.
- Supervisors: Dr Nurfatehah Wahyuny binti Che Jusoh and Dr Norhuda binti Abdul Manaf.