Palm Oil Processing
POPSIG Best Final Year Design Award
Each year, POPSIG awards Best Final Year Design Award to a group of final year students, whose final year project design revolves around palm oil processing. The main objective of this award is to encourage the universities to introduce palm oil processing design for their final year students. The selection of Best Final Year Design Award is based upon a palm oil processing design which reflects on efficiency, values inherent safety and mitigates environmental impacts, and demonstrates project viability to the palm oil industry.
Please email the form to:
- Mr Hong Wai Onn: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr Qua Kiat Seng: email@example.com
- Assoc. Prof. Wu Ta Yeong: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see the requirements listed below:
- POPSIG welcomes the applications from all universities, provided the final year project design is associated with palm oil processing.
- The design may involve either up-stream or/and down-stream palm oil processing, including improvement of current technologies or introduction of new technologies.
- A design lecturer's report must be included together with the application by a separate email, confirming the status of the students who have taken the final year project design from a university.
- The design submitted shall be original and have not been previously submitted or published. POPSIG only considers one application per university.
- Award is awarded up to RM2000 per group and only one group will be awarded per year. Each student in the winning group will be given a Design Award Winning Congratulation Certificate by POPSIG. The decision from the POPSIG is final.
- Applications for submission are announced in 1 October each year and closed in 1 March for the following year. The winning team will be announced after two months the closing date of application.
- In general, the design project will be evaluated based upon the structure and technical content of the proposed palm oil processing. Key criteria for the evaluation could be ranged from the comprehensiveness of the analysis until the applicability of the design to be applied in a real palm oil industry.
- If no winning team for a particular year, the award money will be channelled and used as student bursaries.
The list of winner can be found here.